Friday 8 June 2018

Rejection : A stepping stone to get hired by better company

As well said, failures are stepping stones to success, in competitive market it could be a rejection that fuels strive for getting better job. Of course, no one wants to get rejected to go for another interview, but it is a positive notion that rejection means there could be another better opportunity waiting. In my personal experience,
                  I was rejected by 31 companies during a period of 10 months before landing in to my first job after my Electrical Engineering. 31 times ?. It is. I used to write each rejection details, things to learn, things that worked well on that interview, things that did not worked well and so on.
 
Picture courtesy:
https://www.entrepreneur.com/topic/rejection

I’m not using this notes to glorify my self  or to say that I did a great effort. All I would like to say is, HOPE. No one can stop you if you have conviction, concentration and love. At my first interview, I was nervous, self low and weak. I still remember, I could hardly spoke for 10 minutes and waiting for the interviewer to send me out. He was about to laugh at me but controlled. After that experience, I was started to learn real things required. Started meeting real people, reading programming basics and so on. After 4-6 months, things were not at all working for me. Friends started back laughs, parents started blaming. But I NEVER LOST HOPE. NEVER. I started practicing more, speaking more English, tried to explain more during interviews. Tried to argue, tried to convence. That all efforts made me, the real me. Today I think, that was right journey I had gone through during that 10 months and given me an opportunity to learn strong basics of job market. After selected for job on 32nd attempt, my strive for becoming better professional started and I would continue this entire career. Never to worry. Every rejection teaches you something in life. Either in professional or personal career. The way we take them and move on from there decides our graph. And believe the following,  
                “Rejection : A stepping stone to get hired by better company"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thought here